Tomato salads with sesame oil dressing
Sesame oil is very often used in Taiwanese, Chinese, Japanese, or Korean cooking. But this recipe is based on a very common Italian dressing, just replacing the olive oil with white sesame oil.
Salad ingredients2 or 3 medium size tomato, sliced
½ cup of zucchini or cucumber, sliced
½ cup of basil leaves
¼ lime, sliced
1 tablespoon sesame seeds
Sesame oil dressing ingredients1 tablespoon white sesame oil
2 tablespoons rice vinegar
½ teaspoon salt
1. Place all the salad ingredients in a bowl.
2. Make the sesame oil dressing with the white sesame oil, vinegar, salt.
3. Pour the sesame oil dressing on the salad, and toss well, and it's ready to serve.
4. Please taste before serving, adding more dressing or salt if you need it.
5. It's possible to replace rice vinegar with white wine vinegar, apple vinegar, or balsamic vinegar.