Hot and sour soup
Broth Ingredients500 ml water
1 cup of chopped pineapple
1 cup of chopped tomatoes
1 teaspoon of salt
Soup Ingredients½ cup of grated carrot
1 cup of golden mushroom
1 cup of shiitake mushroom
1 cup of wood ear fungus, cut into long strips
½ cup of tofu, cut into long strips
1 tablespoon of corn flour mixed with ¼ cup water
1/3 cup of rice vinegar or black vinegar
2 tablespoon sesame oil
2 teaspoon white pepper
½ cup of chopped coriander
Instructions1. To create broth: Put all the broth ingredients in a very strong blender such as a Vita-mix, blend until the ingredients turn into a very smooth broth.
2. Pour the broth, carrot, mushrooms, wood ear, and tofu into a saucepan, bring the soup to the boil.
3. When the soup is boiled, add the corn flour and water mixture and bring it to the boil.
4. Stir in the egg, and turn off the heat.
5. Add the vinegar, sesame oil, white pepper, chili oil and salt. Garish with some chopped coriander. Serve hot.
Additional Notes1. When making hot and sour soup, chop all ingredients into long strips.
2. Optional ingredients: grated potato, pumpkin, and so on. It's better to serve the soup in a bowl, and flavor with the amounts of seasoning ingredients according to your preference.
3. Pineapple in this recipe: usually I use the core of the pineapple. The core of a pineapple is hard, and not as sweet as the rest of the pineapple. But it is still very aromatic. If you have a very strong blender like a Vita-mix, it can still be used
4. Do not cook the seasonings, that will cook away their fragrance.
Hot and sour soup is many people's favorite Chinese soup, but they never know how easy and quick it is to prepare. We will use tomato and pineapple to create the natural sour taste of the soup broth, and combine this flavor with white pepper and black vinegar to create the contrast between hot and sour of this soup.