General rules for stir-fried rules
1. Chop all the ingredients into the same shape and size
2. Heat the wok to make sure it is dry, then add the oil.
3. Flavor the oil with garlic, ginger or onion.
4. Add the ingredients which take more time to cook first.
2 cup sweet potato, chopped
1 cup brown rice, or white rice
5 cups water
1. Place all the ingredients in a saucepan and bring to boiling. Then turn the heat to low, cover and simmer till the porridge is cooked.
1. Apart from sweet potato, replacing with yam, tarot, carrot, squash, pumpkin, green peas, spinach, and seaweed or adding some grains to create healthy and different flavours.
2. The sweet potato can be cooked or steamed and mashed first, then cook with rice and water.
1 cup white rice, cleaned
4 cups water
1. Place the ingredients in a saucepan and bring it boiling. Then turn the heat to low, cover and simmer till the rice soup is cooked. Serve hot.
1. Brown rice may be substituted.
2. Cooked meat, fish or vegetables and salt can be added for flavor.
Sichuan flower pepper oil combines the spicy hotness of chili with the unique numbing sensation of flower pepper to give almost any dish an authetic Sichuan (Szechuan) flavour. It's very simple to make, taking only five or ten minutes - although flower pepper can be difficult to buy in some places.
Chop the green onion very finely, and mix it well with the salt. Let the mixture sit for 15 minutes, while the salt makes the moisture come out of the onion. Squeeze more water out of the onion by wrapping it tightly in cloth (for example, a clean tea towel).
½ cup of black beans and 1 cup of water
1~2 tablesppoons of roasted black sesame seeds
1 tablespoon of black sugar
4 cups of water
1. Soak the beans with 1 cup of water for about 8 hours or over night.
2. Blend a cup of soaked beans and roasted black sesame seeds with another 4 cups of water in a food processor or a fruit mixer. Use a high speed setting to blend it as fine as possible. Then drain the liquid from it into a saucepan.